W. Michael Garner, P.A., brings Wall Street smarts and Main Street common sense to you, the franchisee. The Smarts … Michael wrote the leading legal text on franchise law that more than a dozen courts have turned to for authority. The Common Sense … the firm has recovered more cash for franchisees than any other law firm in the country — more than $240 million. The firm's lawyers are top graduates from the best law schools, but they speak in plain English. Don't you deserve some smarts and common sense? Don't you deserve the best?
One Of The Country's Leading Franchise Lawyers
W. Michael Garner is one of the country's leading franchise attorneys. With more than 35 years of experience as a trial lawyer, he provides franchisees and dealers the representation they need in disputes with their franchisors and suppliers. He has:
- Stopped terminations and nonrenewals
- Won damage awards for fraud and termination in the hundreds of millions of dollars
- Advised people on buying franchises
- Helped folks get out of their franchises
- Protected franchisees when their franchise systems got bought, sold, merged or spun off
- Formed and advised groups and associations of franchisees
- Protected franchisees when their franchisor was trying to invade or encroach on their territory
The Authority On Franchise Law
W. Michael Garner is recognized as an authority by the U.S. Supreme Court and more than a dozen other courts. He is the author of the leading legal treatise on franchise law, has served as editor-in-chief of the American Bar Association's Franchise Law Journal, and conceived and edits the Franchise Desk Book. His publications are recognized and used as reference works for franchise attorneys across the country.
As one client said, "When we call Michael Garner with a franchise law question, he doesn't have to look it up — he wrote the book!"
Michael Garner loves what he does, and he cares about his clients. He believes in excellence, hard work and dedication. If you are a franchisee and need legal advice, the firm is ready to help you.
LEADING THE NEXT GENERATION OF FRANCHISE LAWYERS
Elliot Ginsburg graduated Order of the Coif, reserved for the top 10 percent of his law school class, and was selected as a Super Lawyer Rising Star (awarded to only 2.5 percent of attorneys) only three years after graduating law school. He was selected as an editor for the Franchise Law Journal and has written numerous articles on a variety of topics, including:
- Franchise agreements from the franchisee's perspective;
- Goodwill in the franchising context;
- Brewpub distribution; and
- Franchising in the marijuana industry.
He has served the interests of numerous clients and helped them:
- Recover damages for fraud and breach of contract;
- Negotiate more favorable franchise agreements;
- Get out of franchises; and
- Stop terminations.
Craft Beer And Distillery Industry Law
The firm also represents clients in the craft beer and distillery industries — including beer and liquor producers, alcoholic beverage distributors and related retailers — with special attention to helping these businesses thrive, strengthening local economies, and improving the quality and diversity of products available to the public. The firm has helped several brewers and distillers protect their brands and achieve trademark protection even after initial Patent and Trademark Office refusals.
The firm is based in Minneapolis, and the attorneys represent franchisees across the country. Learn more about the representation available by completing an online contact form or by calling 866-602-1551.